What if I am claustrophobic?
This is a common concern but people with extreme claustrophobia have reported no problems in the pods. The pods are very roomy (about the size of a small car) and you are in complete control of the environment at all times – you are also able to float with the lid up if you prefer. How are the pods kept clean?
The solution in the pod has a very high saline content which acts as a powerful sanitizer. In addition to this we combine the use of UV light and hydrogen peroxide to further sanitize the solution and ensure that nothing harmful can survive in the pod. The solution is fully filtered 3 and ¾ times between each float and the pods are fitted with the latest in filtration technology with I-sopod filters fully effective to one micron. That’s an incredible 100 times smaller than human hair. Further cleanliness is assured with each customer showering before every float. We also perform in-depth analysis of the water on a daily basis. Can I drown if I fall asleep?
Not at all. The water is so buoyant that you are kept floating at the surface with no effort at all. It is very safe to sleep in the pod, and many people do. Do I need to bring anything?
We provide towels, shampoo, conditioner and body wash. There will be a pair of ear plugs for you to keep. These will be provided free of charge for your first session, but are available to purchase if you forget them next time. There are hair dryers for your use. You may choose to bring a hair brush, contact lens case and other personal items or toiletries that you prefer. When not to float?
Can I float if I’m menstruating?
Please be aware of the following conditions that may require your attention prior to your float.
You may NOT be able to float if you answer yes to any of the following. If you do answer yes to any of the following please take the appropriate action (acquire Dr's approval, reschedule or cancel float) - (the first three dot points are required due to meet CovidSafe Guidelines):
- I have been overseas in the past 14 days
- I have had contact with a positive case of Covid-19
- I have Covid-19 like symptoms
- I currently have a high risk pregnancy (need Dr's approval)
- I have had any type of hair colour (bleach is ok) in the last 14 days (reschedule)
- I have had a spray tan in the last 10 days (reschedule)
- I am under the influence of alcohol or drugs (reschedule)
- I have a communicable or infectious skin condition, disorder or disease (cancel/reschedule/unable to float)
- I have open or bleeding wounds. This includes fresh tattoos or piercings (reschedule)
- I have diabetes, unless my diabetes is under medical control
- I have incontinence, or voluntary/involuntary release of bodily fluids of any kind (cancel/unable to float)
- I have a history of epilepsy, seizures or blackouts (need Dr's approval)
- I have undergone chemotherapy in the last 7 days (reschedule)
- I have a serious heart condition (need Dr's approval)
- I am experiencing a heavy menstrual period (reschedule)
- I am under the age of 13. I am 13-16 without parental or legal guardian supervision.
If you are unsure about whether you would be able to float due to a medical condition, please consult The Float Studio staff for advice. We also recommend avoiding caffeine and heavy meals prior to your session and to not float too soon after shaving or waxing. Please see our Tips and Best Practices
to get the most out of your float.
Yes. Just follow the same protocol you would for a swimming pool, unless it is especially heavy and not able to be controlled Can I float if I’m pregnant?
Absolutely. In fact, we think floating is a ‘must’ in pregnancy! If you are in the third trimester or have any concerns, please consult your doctor before coming in. Can I float if I have a physical disability?
Floating can have numerous benefits for people with physical disability. Our facility meets disability standards however our staff are not able to assist you in and out of the pods so you should be able to kneel unassisted, or bring a disability carer with you. Feel free to come visit us to discuss your needs. Do I have my own private room?
Yes, you will have your own private pod room. Each room has a shower for you to use before and after your float and an area to get changed. We ensure complete privacy for your session. No interruptions. Do I need to do anything to prepare?
Can I bring a friend?
No. Just bring yourself and a change of clothes. Do not shave 24hrs before. Avoid caffeine and other stimulants and eat a light meal 1 ½ hours prior to your session. Please see our Tips and Best Practices to get the most out of your float.
Absolutely. You can’t float together in the same tank, but you can book floats at the same time. Do I have to stay in there the whole time?
You can get out at anytime. We encourage you to do only what you feel comfortable with. There aren’t any latches on the pod doors and at all times you are in full control of your experience. Minimum Age Limit?
13 years if supervised by parent / guardian.
16 years for solo float.